Welcome to The Middle of the Meadow, our new Oak Meadow blog!
My name is Lesley Arnold and I’ve been a teacher with Oak Meadow for about 5 years. Before that I was a public school teacher and a Waldorf school teacher. It has been a lifetime of teaching! I love to guide and help students in all their creative passions. I look forward to communicating more with all of you.
I have so much to say I can’t possibly say it all in my first blog entry! I’m happy and excited to know that we can connect this way with each other. We can share ideas, activities, and projects. It’s a great opportunity for all of us to see what others are doing and share ideas and comments. For a long time my Oak Meadow students have wondered if they could have a place to chat and communicate with other Oak Meadow students. Now here it is! You can make comments to the posts and respond to others, too. Is there anything in particular that you are interested in? I’m always looking for ideas for posts so please feel free to make suggestions.
All of my posts will end with “Let us know:” and that will be your opening to make comments that gets us all started!
Here are a few things to remember as we begin:
- Follow the writing process. Comments are a published piece of writing.
- Are constructive, but never hurtful.
- Consider the author and the purpose of the post
- Are always related to the content of the post
- Include personal connections to what the author wrote
- Answer a question, or add meaningful information to the content topic