Oak Meadow is a homeschooling curriculum publisher and a distance learning school with over 600 students enrolled worldwide in grades K -12. We seek resourceful, dynamic individuals to join our talented, inclusive group of educational professionals in supporting Oak Meadow’s growing community of distance learning families.
Our staff and faculty are deeply committed to providing an engaging, personalized education for our students. Administrative and warehouse staff members work together in downtown Putney, Vermont. Faculty members work from home, and they come to Brattleboro once a month for faculty meetings devoted to the sharing and cultivation of best practices in distance learning.
Before applying for any positions, we recommend reading the educational mission and core values behind our award-winning curriculum and our unique distance learning model (Oak Meadow was the first distance program to earn accreditation by the prestigious New England Association of Schools and Colleges). You might also want to meet our faculty and staff, and browse our bookstore to familiarize yourself with our curriculum.
To apply, please send a letter of interest with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your letter, be sure to tell us how your experience could support the Oak Meadow mission.
Teacher for Grades K-4
- Minimum three years lead classroom teaching experience in elementary/early childhood settings
- Advanced degree in Education
- Experience with distance learning and using technology in the distance learning model
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Review and assess student work using our curriculum
- Provide support for students and families as they engage with our courses
- Be available during specified office hours for instruction
- Write two narrative evaluations per student per year
- Manage an online gradebook and student information system
- Attend monthly faculty meetings and our annual open house
- Assist with curriculum revisions as needed
- Engage in additional responsibilities such as portfolio review and hosting online clubs and groups for students
- Dedication to the educational field
- Familiarity with Waldorf philosophy or nature-based learning is helpful
- Knowledge of online, collaborative tools to facilitate student engagement
- Experience with the Google platform
- Quick learner
- Highly organized, self-motivated
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and 2 employment references to email@example.com.
Oak Meadow provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Oak Meadow complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Oak Meadow expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.