Oak Meadow is a homeschooling curriculum publisher and a distance learning school with over 600 students enrolled worldwide in grades K -12. We seek resourceful, dynamic individuals to join our talented, inclusive group of educational professionals in supporting Oak Meadow’s growing community of distance learning families.
Our staff and faculty are deeply committed to providing an engaging, personalized education for our students. Staff members work in our Brooks House headquarters in downtown Brattleboro and in our warehouse space in the Putney, Vermont. Faculty members work from home, and they come to Brattleboro once a month for faculty meetings devoted to the sharing and cultivation of best practices in distance learning.
Before applying for any positions, we recommend reading the educational mission and core values behind our award-winning curriculum and our unique distance learning model (Oak Meadow was the first distance program to earn accreditation by the prestigious New England Association of Schools and Colleges). You might also want to meet our faculty and staff, and browse our bookstore to familiarize yourself with our curriculum.
To apply, please send a letter of interest with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your letter, be sure to tell us how your experience could support the Oak Meadow mission.
Customer Relations Specialist and Administrative Assistant
This on-site position will begin as part-time with the possibility of becoming a full-time position. Hours and salary TBD. Location until late September/early October will be at the Brooks House, Brattleboro, VT then moving to Basketville in Putney, VT.
- Provide general administrative support to staff, in particular the Director of
Admissions and the Educational Counselors
- Greet visitors
- Direct incoming calls to various departments
- Provide general information about our programs to families via phone andemails, help with curriculum inquiries and sales
- Organize and maintain inventory of office supplies
- Tend to office space: water plants, keep kitchen and children’s play areas neat
- Assist event coordinators with the planning and set up of special events Work closely with the Leadership Team
- Assistant to the Registrar (records, transcripts, diplomas)
- Possible proofreading of curriculum
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions, the Executive Director and the Business Manager
Oak Meadow provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Oak Meadow complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Oak Meadow expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.