Oak Meadow is a homeschooling curriculum publisher and a distance learning school with over 600 students enrolled worldwide in grades K -12. We seek resourceful, dynamic individuals to join our talented, inclusive group of educational professionals in supporting Oak Meadow’s growing community of distance learning families.
Our staff and faculty are deeply committed to providing an engaging, personalized education for our students. Staff members work in our Brooks House headquarters in downtown Brattleboro and in our open and sunny converted warehouse space in the Cotton Mill building. Faculty members work from home, and they come to Brattleboro once a month for faculty meetings devoted to the sharing and cultivation of best practices in distance learning.
Before applying for any positions, we recommend reading the educational mission and core values behind our award-winning curriculum and our unique distance learning model (Oak Meadow was the first distance program to earn accreditation by the prestigious New England Association of Schools and Colleges). You might also want to meet our faculty and staff, and browse our bookstore to familiarize yourself with our curriculum.
To apply, please send a letter of interest with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your letter, be sure to tell us how your experience could support the Oak Meadow mission.
Communications and Marketing Manager
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications and Marketing Manager is responsible for establishing and implementing a strategic marketing plan to capitalize on market opportunities and generate demand. Working collaboratively with a small marketing team and the executive committee, the Communications and Marketing Manager will expand on Oak Meadow’s integrated, multi-channel marketing strategy to build brand awareness, provide a flow of customer leads, and measure return on marketing investments.
- Business or marketing-related degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Experience in all aspects of developing and implementing marketing strategies
- Strong digital marketing and website data analysis skills
- Familiarity with the educational market a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for creative, innovative problem solving
- Self motivated, resourceful, and collaborative
- Experience using Google Spreadsheets, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, WordPress, Constant Contact and/or MailChimp, social media platforms, SEO
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain consistent branding and messaging across all organization marketing and communications (print and digital).
- Develop a comprehensive and aligned strategic marketing plan.
- Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising, and promotional activity.
- Negotiate new and running advertising and promotion contracts with industry partners (including market influencers).
- Develop and manage marketing budget.
- Monitor competitive activity, industry trends, and best practices.
- Track and analyze digital marketing activity and develop targeted and remarketing campaigns.
- Research homeschooling conference opportunities and manage conference schedule and logistics.
- Assist with communications to Oak Meadow families, and coordinate production of written, email, and eblast messages.
- Serve as lead project manager for marketing team (includes Digital Marketing Manager and Graphic Designer).
32-hour a week salaried position. Pay commensurate with experience. Job will be posted until position is filled.
Oak Meadow provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Oak Meadow complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Oak Meadow expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.