Oak Meadow is a homeschooling curriculum publisher and a distance learning school with over 600 students enrolled worldwide in grades K -12. We seek resourceful, dynamic individuals to join our talented, inclusive group of educational professionals in supporting Oak Meadow’s growing community of distance learning families.
Our staff and faculty are deeply committed to providing an engaging, personalized education for our students. Administrative and warehouse staff members work together in downtown Putney, Vermont. Faculty members work from home, and they come to Brattleboro once a month for faculty meetings devoted to the sharing and cultivation of best practices in distance learning.
Before applying for any positions, we recommend reading the educational mission and core values behind our award-winning curriculum and our unique distance learning model (Oak Meadow was the first distance program to earn accreditation by the prestigious New England Association of Schools and Colleges). You might also want to meet our faculty and staff, and browse our bookstore to familiarize yourself with our curriculum.
To apply, please send a letter of interest with your resume to email@example.com. In your letter, be sure to tell us how your experience could support the Oak Meadow mission.
Shipping & Receiving Associate
If you are able to work both independently and with a stellar team, have superb verbal and written communication skills, and count time management as one of your super powers, you may be just the person we are looking for.
- QuickBooks experience (or a similar accounting software)
- Shipping experience; international experience preferred
- Ability to work additional hours during busy periods
- Keeping your cool under pressure while being efficient and effective
- Flexing your muscles to lift 50 pounds
Bonus points for
- UPS Worldship experience
- Familiarity with the Google Suite platform
- Ability to operate an electric pallet jack (or a burning desire to learn how)
Extra bonus points for
- a love of baking and sharing the fruits of your labor with appreciative co-workers around the cappuccino machine (well, no extra points, but we do have a cappuccino machine)
Hours: 32 – 40 hours/week
Rate: Based on skills and experience
Please send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher for Grades 5-8
We are looking for a resourceful, dynamic teacher for grades 5-8 to join our community. This teacher will believe in and practice the ideals of diversity, inclusion, and equity which are so valued by our community.
- Minimum three years classroom teaching experience in Elementary/Middle School classrooms
- Advanced degree in Education
- Experience with distance learning and using technology in the distance learning model
- Review and assess student work using Oak Meadow’s curriculum
- Provide support for students and families as they engage with our courses
- Be available during specified office hours for instruction
- Write two narrative evaluations per student per year
- Manage an online gradebook and student information system
- Attend monthly faculty meetings and our annual open house
- Note any curriculum inaccuracies or editing needs
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Dedication to the educational field
- Knowledge of online, collaborative tools to facilitate student engagement
- Experience with the Google platform
- Quick learner
- Highly organized
Please send letter of interest, resume, and references to email@example.com.
Oak Meadow provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Oak Meadow complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Oak Meadow expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.