Oak Meadow is a homeschooling curriculum publisher and a distance learning school with over 600 students enrolled worldwide in grades K -12. We seek resourceful, dynamic individuals to join our talented, inclusive group of educational professionals in supporting Oak Meadow’s growing community of distance learning families.
Our staff and faculty are deeply committed to providing an engaging, personalized education for our students. Administrative and warehouse staff members work together in downtown Putney, Vermont. Faculty members work from home, and they come to Brattleboro once a month for faculty meetings devoted to the sharing and cultivation of best practices in distance learning.
Before applying for any positions, we recommend reading the educational mission and core values behind our award-winning curriculum and our unique distance learning model (Oak Meadow was the first distance program to earn accreditation by the prestigious New England Association of Schools and Colleges). You might also want to meet our faculty and staff, and browse our bookstore to familiarize yourself with our curriculum.
To apply, please send a letter of interest with your resume to email@example.com. In your letter, be sure to tell us how your experience could support the Oak Meadow mission.
Kindergarten – 8th Grade Director
This is a 32 hours per week position with benefits, working remotely and at our offices in beautiful Putney, Vermont. As the K-8 Program Director, you will report to our Co-Executive Directors and join our Leadership Team in supporting the school’s mission and strategic plan. This position involves supervising 20-25 part- and full-time faculty and supporting 450+ students and their families using online platforms.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Recruiting, developing, and orienting faculty; and supporting teachers as needed (i.e. set up substitutes, pair mentors for new teachers, discuss student issues, etc)
- Continuing the development of the teacher review and evaluation process
- Reviewing mid-semester and final narrative student evaluations
- Reviewing Learning Plan applications and coordinate with the school counselor in creating learning plans
- Discussing homeschool support with independent users
- Supporting teachers’ disciplinary issues (i.e. lack of work submissions, lack of communication, plagiarism, disrespectful communication, etc)
- Supporting curricula/program development (i.e. review updated or supplemental materials prior to publishing)
- Holding a yearly orientation for new students and their families
- Co-facilitating faculty meetings with the High School Director
- Supporting the Liaison and Leadership teams in the development of new partnerships with schools and organizations
- Representing Oak Meadow at conferences and fairs
We ask that you have:
- A Master’s Degree in Education or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years classroom teaching experience
- A deep understanding of the developmental stages of children and their learning styles
- Knowledge of research-based practices of and current trends in elementary education
- Familiarity with homeschooling
- Stellar interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, and at ease with technology
- Experience with building empathy and empowering students to engage across differences
- Patience, a sense of humor, kindness and the ability to work well with others
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in a culturally diverse community
- Stellar technological skills
Now, what we offer:
- Opportunities for professional development
- A competitive salary
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Retirement plan
- A stipend towards our medical insurance with Blue Cross Blue Shield VT
- 75% tuition remission at Oak Meadow for your children
- A supportive network of peers
Ideally, we’d like you to join our team on July 26, 2021
We would like:
- A cover letter telling us how your skills and experience would benefit our program
- Your resume
- 3 to 5 references, which include 1 past and your 2 most current supervisors
Please email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oak Meadow provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Oak Meadow complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Oak Meadow expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.