Oak Meadow’s accredited distance learning school is a unique model that combines the best of both worlds: an affordable independent school education and the freedom of homeschooling. When you enroll with Oak Meadow, you join a vibrant community of interesting, motivated, and dedicated teachers and learners.
Oak Meadow’s approach to remote learning is quite different from many other schools. Instead of keeping our students online all day with instructional videos, we engage their minds, bodies, and hearts with a book-based curriculum and project-based, interest-led learning. Our teachers empower our students to achieve deep learning, not just memorization, and they build heartfelt connections that last well beyond graduation.
Discover a better way to learn at Oak Meadow School!
Enrollment in our distance learning school provides…
How does enrollment work?
- Once you have been accepted, we will set a Start Date and ship your curriculum materials.
- Students and parents will communicate with their assigned teacher via email, phone, or Zoom. Parents are given access to our parent portal, the Oak Meadow Gateway, to track their student’s progress.
- Lessons are submitted electronically on a schedule established by the teacher (submission guidelines vary by grade level).
- Teachers provide written feedback (and grades for the upper levels) on all submitted work and narrative evaluations and grades at the end of each semester and the end of the year.
- Evaluations, grades, and high school transcripts are kept on file by the Oak Meadow registrar.
Explore, ask, decide!
- Review tuition prices and payment plan information.
- Review our policies.
- View our catalog or download curriculum samples to learn more about our offerings.
- Learn more about our approach by reading the article, What Is Distance Learning?
- Join us for a Virtual Info Session and review Enrollment FAQs to have all your questions answered. If you need more information, please get in touch with us here.
Connect with a Current Oak Meadow Parent
Get a firsthand perspective on the Oak Meadow enrolled student experience by speaking with a real Oak Meadow parent. Ask questions, make connections, and learn what makes Oak Meadow unique by speaking with one of our parent ambassadors.
If you’d like to be connected with a parent ambassador, please email our Director of Admissions Wendy Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to Enroll?
You’ve done your research, attended an information session, and you’re ready to choose Oak Meadow. All that’s left to do is apply!