Living Education is a biannual online magazine owned and operated by Oak Meadow. Oak Meadow invites readers, parents, and educators to submit articles and essays on topics related to our upcoming issue’s theme.
Submissions from homeschooling and homeschool-minded parents, educators, administrators, and students are welcome. Please view past issues of Living Education to get a feel for our audience and content. We are especially interested in articles that highlight unique and innovative paths that the educational journey can take. ~DeeDee Hughes, Managing Editor
Fall issue: May 15
Spring issue: November 15
Autumn 2023 theme:
Adapt, Customize, and Thrive
Every homeschooling experience is wonderfully unique. One of the best parts of homeschooling is being able to learn in a way that works best for your family. Because every student is different, you might find yourself approaching the same subject in varying ways, depending on your children’s interests, strengths, and challenges. Do you incorporate art into math work for your little artist or weave creative writing into science lessons for your budding writer? Do you take advantage of your family’s love of travel to bring alive lessons in history, geography, and civics? Do you tap into the local community’s culture and mentors to enhance lessons? Maybe you modify assignments when you are on the road, use museum visits to work on writing assignments, develop map skills in the real world, and use your own particular environment in creative ways. How do you shape your homeschooling lessons to create a vibrant, unique learning experience to help your children thrive?
For the next issue of Living Education, we want to hear about how you modify your curriculum to take advantage of the opportunities and flexibility homeschooling offers. We’re excited to see how your ideas can inspire other homeschoolers!
Length: varying, up to approximately 1,000 words
Payment: varying, up to $75 per original piece
Please send submissions, proposals, and questions to DeeDee Hughes, email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
By submitting your article, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You guarantee that you are the sole author of all content within your article or essay, or can provide written proof that contributing authors also grant permission for use according to these terms.
- If your article is published, you grant Oak Meadow and Living Education Magazine the right to use and distribute it in any manner and in all media. In addition, you grant Oak Meadow the right to use excerpts from your writing for the marketing and promotion of Living Education. Wherever possible, Oak Meadow will credit you as the author.
- We can accept pieces that have previously been published online or in print, provided that another publication does not hold exclusive rights to it.
- By submitting your article or essay, you waive any privacy expectations you may have with regards to your submission. Do not include any private information in your piece that you do not want shared publicly.
- You understand that Oak Meadow will select submissions at their sole discretion and are under no obligation to publish your submission. We cannot always reply to each and every submission. We will do our best to notify you if your piece is selected for publication.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Oak Meadow harmless from and against any third-party claims alleging that your submission violates their rights.
If you need to withdraw your piece from our consideration, please let us know immediately.