Oak Meadow’s accredited distance learning school is a unique model that combines the best of both worlds: an affordable independent school education and the freedom of homeschooling. When you enroll with Oak Meadow, you join a vibrant community of interesting, motivated, and dedicated teachers and learners.
Enrollment in our distance learning school provides:
All course materials: Enrolled students receive print and digital versions of their Oak Meadow coursebooks.
One-to-one teacher support: Our teachers provide support, narrative evaluation, and grading. They develop meaningful relationships with families and personalized learning for each student.
Administrative support services: An educational counselor will work with you through the enrollment process, including correct grade placement and course selection. Our registrar maintains complete records and transcripts and issues certificates of enrollment and high school diplomas. Our trained school counselor is available to help with personal, social, or emotional challenges that might arise.
College counseling: Our experienced college counselor provides information about academic planning, SAT and ACT information, the college admission process.
Flexible start dates: Courses can begin year-round.
Connection and community: While Oak Meadow students and families study and learn at home, they are part of a virtual school community. Our teachers lead online workshops, book clubs, and pen pal programs to bring students who would like to participate together; we send an enrolled-only newsletter to share school and student news; and high school students can join OM Awesome, an online discussion group.
How does enrollment work?
- Once you have been accepted, we will set a Start Date and ship your curriculum materials.
- Your student will work one-to-one with an assigned teacher(s) and communicate via email, phone, or Zoom. Parents are given access to our parent portal, the Oak Meadow Gateway, to track their student’s progress.
- Lessons are submitted electronically on a schedule established by the teacher (submission guidelines vary by grade level).
- Teachers provide written feedback (and grades for the upper levels) on all submitted work, and narrative evaluations and grades at the end of each semester and end of the year.
- Evaluations, grades, and high school transcripts are kept on file by the Oak Meadow registrar.
Explore, ask, decide!
- View our catalog or download curriculum samples to learn more about our offerings.
- Learn more about our approach by reading the article, What Is Distance Learning?
- Join us for a Virtual Info Session to have all your questions answered. If you need more information, speak with one of our educational counselors by calling 802-251-7250 or sending am email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review tuition prices for enrollment and payment plan information.
Ready to apply? Visit the Apply Now page to fill out an application form.
If your student is accepted, an educational counselor will be in touch to walk you through the next steps, including tuition payment.